Major IT issue

Thank you for your patience whilst IT have been resolving the problems. The majority of our systems are now back online and IT are working hard to resolve the final few.

Nearly all problems have been resolved, although customers may still get a "delivery failure" reply if emailing a Council department.

You can still carry out most transactions on our website. If you need to contact us by phone and your call is urgent we will try to help you. If your call is not urgent please contact us in the latter half of next week as we anticipate the first half of the week to be extremely busy.

We apologise for any inconvenience while we work to resolve this problem.

Right to Buy

Apply to buy your home with Right to Buy

You can apply to buy your home by requesting and completing a Right to Buy claim form. 

To request a Right to Buy form, use our online contact form.

An information booklet detailing all aspects of the Right to Buy Scheme will be sent out.

If your tenancy began on or after 18.01.05 you must have spent at least 3 years as a public sector tenant before you can apply for the right to buy your property. 

You will only be able to purchase under the scheme if your house, flat or bungalow is your only home and is self contained.

The Right to Buy Scheme gives tenants a discount on the market value of their homes. 

The longer you have been a tenant, the more discount you get, up to a maximum limit, that varies depending on where you live.

For more information, visit the Government Right to Buy website.


Was this web page helpful?